Muscat University (MU) has developed a comprehensive quality management plan that reflects its vision in developing and maintaining a high-quality management system that governs all MU practices. The MU quality management plan aims to ensure that the University’s strategic planning, development, improvement and quality assurance mutually inform and support each other. Furthermore, appropriate and transparent governance and management structures are in place to guarantee continuous progress in implementing and supporting quality assurance and improvement measures throughout the university. Additionally, it is designed to incorporate feedback and input from external reviewers and professional bodies and gather quantitative and qualitative data on its performance. Finally, the MU quality management plan aims to develop a professional quality assurance system that governs the practice of MU both at administrative and academic levels in order to enable MU accreditations at both institutional and programme levels by Oman Academic Accreditation Authority (OAAA) and relevant professional bodies.
- To develop and maintain a professional quality assurance system that governs the practice of MU both at an administrative and faculty level.
- To enable MU accreditation at both institutional and programme level by OAAA and similar awarding bodies.
- To ensure the implementation of all policies and regulations throughout the university’s activities and events.
- To ensure that MU’s strategic plan, both operational and developmental are aligned and, mutually inform and support the achievement of the overall quality assurance plan.
- Ensuring the achievement of quality assurance operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans.
- Development of quality assurance plans in accordance with OAAA and QAA standards.
- Development of quality assurance processes and procedures to ensure that the quality of provision and standards of MU awards are maintained.
- Development, implementation and review of Muscat University's quality assurance plan and processes for taught courses and research degrees.
- Work collaboratively and authoritatively with academic staff activities, including the provision of training, guidance and CPD.
- Maintain appropriate and accessible archives of quality assurance documentation.
- Facilitate external evaluation of the University and accreditation of academic programs by OAAA and/ or professional bodies.
- Advise management and staff on developments within the fields of quality assurance and enhancement.
Dr Fawziya Al Zadjali
Quality Assurance Manager
Dr Said Al Kitani
Executive Director for Quality, Government & Founder Relations